Ane Amour F/W 2017

Michaela Hoffman, Violet Vision Editor

Despite the snow outside, Ane Amour heated things up with Fall/Winter 2017 show, titled “Daughters of Artemis.” The collection was intended to evoke the unrestrained elements in nature, as well as highlight the confidence and independence of a modern huntress. However, the fierceness and untamable elements associated with nature did not make an appearance in this collection. Instead, the looks were elegant and uniform, and the details were delicate. With the collection, designer Iyala Anne, presented the beauty of nature and introduced a new perception of a huntress.

Many models strutted the runway wearing plum or purple, but some of the other colors in the palette included black, brown and other earth-tones that successfully kept with the theme of the show. The designer explained the reasoning behind picking purple.

“Purple is a regal color as well as one connected with spirit and spiritual practices which relate to the goddess Artemis’ directed intention as the archer,” Anne said.

Each look that appeared on the runway showed versatility. The pieces could easily be dressed up or down. One piece that stood out, a plum cape jacket with a brown suede belt, most strongly related to the theme of the show and represented the strength of a huntress. Conversely, many of the pieces were adorned with lace, evoking femininity and delicacy. Some of the other pieces on the models were made of velveteen from Spain, wool, satin, crepe and flax canvas from Japan, faux leather and cotton prints and silks from the United States.

Each model’s hair was styled in a delicate, yet unruly fashion: some models rocked afros, and some wore fishtail braids. Each model was also adorned with delicate gold hair jewelry, drawing back to the goddess Artemis.

Ane Amour’s F/W 2017 collection showcased the power and versatility of a woman. Anne, in an official statement, said that she hopes that her collection will successfully carry Artemis’ message and traits.

“Especially in a time where women’s right are endangered of being dismantled,” Anne said.

Email Michaela Hoffman at [email protected].