Yuna Yang F/W 2017

Sydney Ernstberger, Contributing Writer

Sydney Ernstberger
Yuna Yang’s Fall/Winter 2017 collection once again featured lace, but also shifted towards using more velvet. A palette of vibrant colors, reflective fabrics and floral prints, the collection was an homage to protests in South Korea and the Women’s Marches in the U.S.

Infusing light into colorful, feminine pieces is what this collection did best. Bold trench coats were offset by delicate velvet slip dresses and beaded details.

Light and flowing organza skirts and fitted trench coats are sure to make the stylish working girl swoon, and strappy velvet slip dresses with beautiful beading are perfect for any black tie event.

Standout pieces were a sky blue fur coat with glowing beaded pockets, and a light velvet beaded deep v-neck top with a drop waist that was trimmed with beads and feathers. Shiny gold and silver flats held on by colorful ribbons and reflective dangling ball earrings kept the focus on the shimmer and theme of light in the collection. The makeup was natural and dewy with a subdued smoky eye.

A strappy burgundy slip dress with a fluffy violet appendage on the collar and a bold colorful splattered slip dress worn by an unnamed singer during the show’s finale were the high points of the collection.

Email Sydney Ernstberger at [email protected].