Dennis Basso F/W 2017

Sara Miranda, Contributing Writer

A plethora of gold and beige hues and several types of fur went down the runway at Dennis Basso’s Fall/Winter 2017 runway show.

From airy ball gowns to chic fur coats, Basso created designs that evoked the feeling of being immersed in nature. Even though Basso’s pieces consisted of a neutral color palette, he managed to keep things simple yet enticing.

Basso’s gowns were lightweight and had a simple, v-neck cut. All the dresses were similar in overall design, but Basso kept things interesting by embellishing applique flowers, sequins, sparkles, chiffon and velvet to enchant any nature-loving young woman.

For those who love to be bundled up in a warm coat, Basso showed a variety of fur coats for the upcoming fall that come in several shades of brown, gray and white. Some of these furry coats were dotted with spots of black and brown, which allude to the fur coats of animals that roam the wild.

Basso’s F/W 2017 collection did not seem to break any of the conventions of fashion, but he truly encapsulated the concept of freedom in nature through the floral motifs expressed in his dresses. Basso is a go-to designer for anyone looking for a sleek dress with a natural color scheme or a warm fur coat.

Email Sara Miranda at [email protected].