Step Right Into Spring

Black+slip-ons+are+a+good+transition+piece+from+the+winter+to+spring.+They+can+be+styled+in+a+variety+of+ways+and+can+be+worn+comfortably+everyday.+

Kevin Jiang

Black slip-ons are a good transition piece from the winter to spring. They can be styled in a variety of ways and can be worn comfortably everyday.

Liv Chai, Staff Writer

With spring right around the corner, it’s time to awkwardly juggle footwear options, going back and forth between winter boots and open-toed sandals as the weather changes daily. But with this roundup of the easiest transitional footwear styles, you won’t have to pick either.

For complete comfort, grab yourself a pair of slip-on sneakers. The options are limitless with this style — the different hues and wide range of fabrics from various brands will ensure that you’ll find the right pair for any occasion. When it comes to slip-ons, the classic Vans are always reliable. To embrace the athleisure trend, check out the Adidas Superstar slip-ons. With athleisure and comfortable clothing in style, it’s easy to pair these shoes with a formal, dainty skirt or a simple shirt and comfy leggings. They work best as an everyday basic.

If you want something a bit more polished, loafers are statement pieces that can become the highlight of an outfit or a fashionable accessory. With the prevalence of the highly-coveted Gucci Princetown loafer mules in the fashion world, wearing them for the transition to spring only seems natural. Not only are they hassle-free slip-ons, they are also polished and comfortable enough to wear at a business casual job or internship. These shoes can easily create a preppy clean-cut look. They can also add a formal feel to distressed boyfriend jeans to elevate an outfit. Zara offers great versions of leather mules and loafers that won’t break the bank.

With warmer days ahead, espadrilles will prepare you for the coming warmer months. Just wearing them will have you longing for spring break; from the casual slip-on flat to lace-up wedge espadrilles, there are many variations of this classic style, and it’s the perfect excuse to buy one of each. Due to their canvas and roped soles, the look of the shoe itself evokes sunshine and nautical vacations. They are the perfect alternative to strappy lace-up sandals or open-toed wooden block heels. From Chanel to ASOS, choosing between the many variations is a matter of picking the best shape and style for you.

With any of these styles, play around with wearing socks to warm up on colder days. From ankle socks to thigh-highs, your legs are the limit when it comes to styling shoes for an effortless transition into spring.

Email Liv Chai at [email protected].