NYU’s Recent Star Students

Dylan+and+Cole+Sprouse%2C+known+best+for+their+roles+as+Zack+and+Cody+Martin%2C+respectively%2C+on+%E2%80%9CThe+Suite+Life+of+Zack+and+Cody%2C%E2%80%9D+are+NYU+2015+graduates.+
Dylan and Cole Sprouse, known best for their roles as Zack and Cody Martin, respectively, on “The Suite Life of Zack and Cody,” are NYU 2015 graduates.

Sherah Ndjongo, Staff Writer

It’s no secret that NYU and celebrities go hand in hand. Countless stars make a home of our campus, so often that NYU has now inadvertently branded itself as the hotspot where A-listers choose to get an education. Whether you’re a star-struck freshman or a jaded senior, famous NYU students are a topic that never fails to spark conversation.

Dylan and Cole Sprouse

Best known as former Disney Channel stars, Dylan and Cole Sprouse graduated from the Gallatin School of Individualized Study with honors in 2015. Dylan’s concentration was in video game design, while Cole was an archaeology major. In addition to their academic achievements, both twins were heavily involved in extracurricular activities. Dylan showed an interest in student leadership as president of his first-year residence hall Third North, while Cole was in charge of the Anthropology Undergraduate Student Association during his junior year.

Dakota Fanning

Often seen heading to class dressed to impress, actress Dakota Fanning currently roams the campus as her senior year comes to an end. The notoriously private Gallatin student opted to live off campus rather than in housing. Despite entering NYU in Fall 2011, the Gallatin BA candidate is still a student due to her busy schedule.

Karlie Kloss

While she’s one of the most sought-after models in the world, Karlie Kloss is also taking on the role of a Gallatin undergrad. The 24-year-old famously posted a picture on Instagram in 2015 that documented her first day of class at NYU, as she pointed at the school’s iconic violet flag. Talk about school pride! She is enrolled in a feminism class this semester but is reported to only show up about half the time. While she’s rarely spotted on campus, when she is sure to be wearing her best
model-off-duty look.

Nastia Liukin

A five-time Olympic medalist best known for her outstanding gymnastics performance at the 2008 Beijing Games, Nastia Liukin did not stop after Beijing. She worked as a gymnastics analyst for NBC while completing her studies at NYU and earned a degree in sports management from the School of Professional Studies in 2016.

AnnaSophia Robb

The actress has largely managed to keep out of the spotlight at NYU since joining Gallatin in 2014. Since then she’s often been spotted around campus working in study lounges like any other student.

Celebrity students at NYU are ultimately Violets who just happen to be in the public light. Famous or not, one thing ties us all together — we’re all just trying to graduate.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, March 27 print edition. Email Sherah Ndjongo at [email protected]