BENCH/BODY S/S 2018

By Thomas Chou, Deputy Features Editor

Unsurprisingly, the BENCH/BODY Spring/Summer 2018 presentation was an epic explosion of color, sound, movement and lighting. Held at Industria Studios in New York City, the collection, modeled by both men and women, showcased a new line of colorful underwear and swimwear, with fun, tropical prints and bold colors.

The collection reflected the brand’s roots, which stem from the Philippines. The collection was young, fresh and dynamic. Despite the fact that it was titled a presentation, the models walked and moved around the studio, standing underneath bright, natural lighting, which was reminiscent of Kanye West’s Yeezy Season 2 collection.

Most prominently, the collection featured a faded, washed-out tropical print, which for menswear, fits nicely into the growing trend of floral or Hawaiian themed resort-wear. The styling of the models was simple and understated, which certainly did not overshadow or upstage the creative designs and prints. Although the collection did not debut any mind-blowing radical cuts or silhouettes for underwear and swimwear, the collection as a whole was cohesive without being too match-y.

Wearable, accessible and affordable, the BENCH/BODY S/S 2018 collection was designed with a laidback, cool consumer in mind, and is guaranteed to give off a confident and stylish vibe.

Email Thomas Chou at [email protected]

Polina Buchak, Senior Multimedia Editor
Polina Buchak is the Senior Multimedia Editor at the Washington Square News. She is in Tandon and Tisch, following her passion in Filmmaking and Integrated Design Media. Born in Ukraine, raised in Nigeria, and educated in United Kingdom, she will never be able to answer exactly where she is from. If you are looking for...