Crime Log: Aug. 20-30

Miranda Levingston, News Deputy

The NYU Department of Public Safety received five reports of larceny, one report of criminal mischief, one report of indecent exposure, two reports of harassment, one report of robbery and one report of found property between Aug. 20 and Aug. 30.

Larceny
On Aug. 20 at 11:45 a.m. a non-NYU person reported to Public Safety that their bike was missing from the bike racks at 721 Broadway. A police report was filed.

On Aug. 28 at 10:19 p.m. a staff member from 240 Mercer St. reported that his watch, bracelet and ring were missing from the bathroom sink where he left them. Police notification was declined and the report is open and under investigation.

On Aug. 29 at 9:59 a.m. a report was received by Public Safety that a Bobst Library staff member’s shirt was missing from his locker. Police notification was declined and the report is open and under investigation.

On Aug. 29 at 4:34 p.m. a report was received by Public Safety that a staff member’s bag and wallet were missing from the staff lounge at 721 Broadway. Police notification was declined and the report is open and under further investigation.

On Aug. 30 at 10:30 a.m. a report was received by Public Safety that a student’s coin purse was missing from her backpack in Bobst. The report is open and under investigation.

Criminal Mischief
On Aug. 21 at 1:49 p.m. a report was received by Public Safety that a cafeteria fridge lock in Lipton Residence Hall had been tampered with. The report is under investigation and police notification was declined.

Indecent Exposure
On Aug. 21 at 11:35 p.m. a report was received by Public Safety that an unidentified male exposed himself to a university affiliate at Bobst. The report is under investigation and police notification was declined.

Harassment
On Aug. 23 at 3:00 a.m. a report was received by Public Safety that unknown persons followed a university affiliate in their car down West Fourth Street. The report is under investigation and a police report was filed.

On Aug. 25 at 9:22 a.m. a report was received by Public Safety that a patient verbally harassed staff and students in the NYU Dental Center. Police notification was declined and the report is open and under investigation.

Robbery
On Aug. 26 at 4:19 p.m. a report was received by Public Safety that three NYU students were robbed outside the NYU Bookstore by four unidentified men. Police notification was declined and the report is open and under investigation.

Found Property
On Aug. 26 at 6:17 p.m. a report was received by Public Safety that a student’s wireless speakers and charger were missing from the 12th floor hallway of Founders Residence Hall. A staff member later found and returned them and the case was closed.

A version of this article appeared in the Tuesday, Sept. 5 print edition. Email Miranda Levingston at [email protected]