Crime Log: Oct. 20 to Oct. 26

Sayer Devlin, News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received five reports of larceny, one report of trespassing, one report of robbery, one report of harassment and one report of simple assault from Oct. 22 to Oct. 26.

Larceny

On Oct. 22, an NYU student reported that his bike was missing from the Schwartz Plaza bike rack. Police notification was declined, and the incident remains open and under investigation.

On Oct. 23 at 5:35 p.m., an NYU student in 7 E 12th Street reported that an unidentified person borrowed his Spider Man cutout and never returned it. Police notification was declined, and the incident remains open and under investigation.

On Oct. 25 at 6:50 p.m., an NYU student reported that a camera was missing from the fourth floor of 721 Broadway. A police report was filed, and the incident remains open and under investigation.

On Oct. 26 at 2:35 p.m., an NYU student reported that his backpack and laptop were missing from a laboratory room in the Brown Building. Police notification was declined, and the incident remains open and under investigation.

On Oct. 26 at 2:35 p.m., an NYU student reported that his phone was missing from a laboratory room in the Brown Building. Police notification was declined, and the incident remains open and under investigation.

Trespassing

On Oct. 22 at 5:45 p.m., an NYU staff member reported that an unidentified man entered an office at 370 Jay St. without permission. The police were called and the man was taken into custody. No damage to NYU property was reported.

Robbery

On Oct. 20 at 4:48 p.m., a student reported that she was confronted by an unidentified person who attempted to take her purse on W. 4th St. between MacDougal Street and Sixth Avenue. Police notification was declined, and the report is open and under investigation.

Harassment

On Oct. 21 at 4:46 a.m., a student reported that she was pushed and yelled at by another NYU student at Seventh Street Residence Hall. Police notification was declined, and the incident is open and under investigation.

Simple Assault

On Oct. 24 at 6:50 p.m. an NYU student reported that he was punched in the face by an unidentified man. Police notification was declined, but the incident remains open and under investigation.

Email the news team at [email protected].

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, Oct. 30 print edition. Email Sayer Devlin at [email protected].