Carlyle Resident Reports Ex-Boyfriend Stalking

Sarah Jackson, Deputy News Editor

From March 16 to 20, the NYU Department of Public Safety received three reports of alcohol violation, one report of controlled substance violation, one report of criminal trespassing, one report of forgery, one report of fraud, one report of harassment and one report of stalking.

Alcohol Violation

On March 20 at 8:37 p.m., an NYU resident assistant reported that during rounds she recovered alcohol from a room in Greenwich Residence Hall. Police notification was declined, and the case has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

On March 20 at 9:57 p.m., an NYU resident assistant reported that during rounds she recovered alcohol from a room in  Alumni Residence Hall. Police notification was declined, and the case has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

On March 20 at 11:01 p.m., a member of Public Safety reported that he recovered alcohol from students in Rubin Residence Hall. Police notification was declined, and the case has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

Controlled Substance Violation

On March 19 at 11:13 p.m., a member of Public Safety responded to a report of an alleged controlled substance violation and recovered a small amount of marijuana from Weinstein Residence Hall. The case has been closed and referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

Criminal Trespassing

On March 19 at 3:15 p.m., a member of Public Safety reported that a person at Vanderbilt Hall refused to leave. The police were called, and they escorted them out without further incident.

Forgery

On March 19 at 4:32 p.m., a Lost and Found staff member reported receipt of a forged instrument at 7 Washington Pl. Police notification was declined, and the case has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

Fraud

Earlier this month, Public Safety received report of fraudulent activity on campus. The case is open and under investigation.

Harassment

On March 18 at 2:30 a.m., an NYU student at Founders Residence Hall reported that he was a victim of verbal and physical harassment. Police notification was declined, and the case is open and under investigation.

Stalking

On March 16 at 10:11 p.m., an NYU student at Carlyle Court Residence Hall reported that her ex-boyfriend is stalking her. Police notification was declined, and the case has been closed and referred to the Title IX office.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, March 26 print edition. Email the News Team at [email protected].