Staff Member Receives Harassing Phone Call at 4:20 p.m.

Alex Domb, Deputy News Editor

From April 13 to April 20, the NYU Department of Public Safety received three reports of controlled substance violations, one report of criminal mischief, one report of harassment, three reports of larceny and one report of stalking.

Controlled Substance Violation

On April 13 at 11:10 p.m., a resident assistant reported that during rounds, she recovered alcohol from a dormitory in Weinstein Residence Hall. Police notification was declined, and the case has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

On April 14 at 1:13 a.m., an RA reported that during rounds, she recovered alcohol from a dormitory in Broome Street Residence Hall. Police notification was declined, and the case has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

On April 20 at 1:51 a.m., an RA reported that during rounds, she recovered alcohol from one of the dormitories in Alumni Residence Hall. Police notification was declined, and the case has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

Criminal Mischief

On April 19 at 11:45 a.m., an NYU staff member reported that a bike was tampered with in Palladium Residence Hall. The case is open and under investigation.

Harassment

On April 13 at 4:20 p.m., an NYU staff member reported that he received harassing phone calls at the Education Building. The phone calls were not threatening. Police notification was declined, and the case is open and under investigation.

Larceny

On April 13 at 8:55 p.m., an NYU student reported that cash was missing from a locker in Palladium Gym. Police notification was declined, and the case is open and under investigation.

On April 18 at 9:30 a.m., an NYU staff member reported that she was the victim of a larceny in the Basic Science Building. A police report was filed.

On April 20 at 12 a.m., an NYU student reported that his laptop was missing from an auditorium in the Kimmel Center for University Life. The case is open and under investigation.

Stalking

On April 18, an NYU student reported that she was a victim of stalking in Palladium Residence Hall. The case is closed and has been referred to Title IX.

A version of this article appeared in the Monday, April 23 print edition. Email Alex Domb at [email protected].

Correction, April 23: A previous version of this article had a headline saying that a student had received harassing phone calls at 4:20 p.m.,  but it was a staff members that received the phone calls.