Washington Square News

Food Consumes Us

Food Consumes Us

By Liv Chai, Dining Editor

April 16, 2018


Filed under READ THIS WEEK'S ISSUE, Special Editions, Special Issues, Top Story, Under the Arch

It’s a food lover’s dream to write about food and read about it as often as I do. Reading about ungodly cheese creations and finding what restaurant I should surrender all my money to next feels like a passion project rather than a job at times. Those who know me have, often unfortunately, experience...

Professions in the Digital Age

Professions in the Digital Age

By Molly Dolan, Social Media Editor

November 13, 2017


Filed under Uncategorized

Social media has become such an integral part of our everyday lives that it’s hard to imagine aspects of our lives without it — including our professional lives. Now, as students preparing to enter the workforce, we are faced with the growing demand of jobs revolving around social media that are...

Your Sports Fill, in the Classroom

Your Sports Fill, in the Classroom

By Kenadee Gallego, Contributing Writer

September 19, 2016


Filed under Sports

This fall, NYU welcomed the class of 2020 at Madison Square Garden, a group that, like many others, hails the university as the center of operations of renowned schools like Tisch and Stern. But the opportunities for students at NYU are vast and go beyond the big-name programs. The School of Professional Stu...

Does Going Social @NYU Matter?

Does Going Social @NYU Matter?

By Thomas Devlin, Editor-at-Large

September 6, 2016


Filed under Uncategorized

With #NYUMoveIn and #NYUWelcomeWeek in the books, #NYU2020 is here and ready to rep some #VioletPride. All they have to do now is follow @nyuniversity on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Tumblr and Instagram. Of course, NYU has more social media than just the official @nyuniversity. On Facebook and Twitter ...

Pop-ups rise, provide unique shopping

Pop-ups rise, provide unique shopping

By Nina Jang, Staff Writer

November 12, 2014


Filed under Beauty & Style, Features

With brands and retailers constantly seeking creative ways to expand their reach, the concept of pop-up shops has become a strategic phenomenon that has been gaining popularity.

L’Oréal’s annual Brandstorm competition welcomes back NYU

L’Oréal’s annual Brandstorm competition welcomes back NYU

April 14, 2014


Filed under News

A team of three NYU students competed in L’Oréal’s annual Brandstorm competition at the Westin Hotel near Grand Central Station on April 11. The team, which consisted of Stern juniors Fanny Sun, Jackson Sheng and Kathy Hong, was called “In for the Kiehl,” a play on words derived from L...

Amazon delivery drones present marketing ploy

Amazon delivery drones present marketing ploy

December 4, 2013


Filed under Exclude From Homepage List, Opinion

On Dec. 1, the day before Cyber Monday, Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos announced the electronic commerce company was testing delivery by drones. The corporate mogul revealed that the goal of the venture is to transport packages into customers’ hands in 30 minutes or less. His statement has drawn diverse re...

Advertising dependency for free social media sites makes for risky business model

Advertising dependency for free social media sites makes for risky business model

March 25, 2013


Filed under Opinion

When was the last time you clicked on a Facebook ad? Option A: You can’t remember. Option B: You never, ever click on any of the ads. Option C: Does anyone actually click on those ads? Apparently people do, as 85 percent of Facebook’s revenue comes from advertisements — the other 15 percent...