The Weekend: April 24-26

Olivia Roos, Contributing Writer

Brooklyn Night Bazaar

165 Banker St. Brooklyn, NY

Venture out of Manhattan to Brooklyn Night Bazaar, affectionately called the playground for hipsters. Open every Friday and Saturday night from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m., this nondescript warehouse is filled with everything a person could desire.  Food stands with mouthwatering confections; art vendors displaying funky little gems; and ping pong, pool, miniature golf, art galleries and arcade games beg for your attention. Bands Moss Icon and Into It. Over It. will be taking center stage as the musical entertainment for Friday and Saturday, respectively. Entry is free.

A Night of Philosophy

972 Fifth Ave.

A Night of Philosophy is coming to New York City on Friday and will run throughout the night into the morning from, 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.  With more than 80 events offered throughout the night, this event is anything but a dry discussion on Marcel Proust. There will be theatrical lectures by well-known philosophers from across the globe, dance,music and food, including steaming hot croissants at 3 a.m. Follow the event on Facebook to keep up to date with events that will be taking place. The night is free and open to the public.

Hester Street Fair

Corner of Hester and Essex St.

The opening of the Hester street fair will be this Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. What used to be the largest pushcart marketplace in the late-19th century, the Hester Market now offers a variety of goods yet still holds onto its historic roots. There will be food, jewelry, vintage goods and many other items for sale amongst the tents.  Checkout the Brooklyn Voyager tent for groovy vintage looks and the No Fork dessert tent for some sinful sweets.

Email Olivia Roos at [email protected].