PSA: Chipotle will deliver to NYU

Chain partners with service Tapingo to deliver to NYU

Angela Liao

You will soon be able to get your Chipotle delivered directly to your dorm.

Monica Hanna, Contributing Writer

Great news for Chipotle fans: you will soon be able to get your food delivered anywhere on campus. Thanks to a new partnership with Tapingo, a college food pickup and delivery app, the chain will soon be delivering for free to over 40 campuses nationwide, including NYU.

As far as when the service will become available, Tapingo hasn’t given an exact date. But once live, the service will extend anywhere on campus. In other words, you can get a burrito bowl without leaving your dorm.

“Chipotle has been popular with students going back to our very first restaurant near the University of Denver, and we are always looking for ways to better engage with them,” reads a press release from Chipotle’s chief creative and development officer Mark Crumpacker.

The service is already available on six college campuses, including Arizona State University and University of Southern California.

Leanne Reis, Tapingo’s public relations manager differentiates their app from Postmates — which has been delivering Chipotle since April.

“Unlike competitors, Tapingo does not charge a delivery fee and a service fee, which typically increases based on distance and ticket price,” Reis said. “Instead, we charge a flat delivery fee, and can reduce this fee through membership in Club Tapingo. Club Tapingo users enjoy delivery for $2.99, whereas other users have delivery for $2.99 to $4.99.”

Companies like Postmates, Seamless and Orderup have facilitated change in the age-old take out industry, especially in urban areas like Manhattan.

Even though Tapingo hasn’t confirmed when the service will start, students are already exited. “I think it’s awesome that I’ll be able to get guacamole delivered,”  Steinhart junior Zoe Siegel said. “Now I won’t have to wait in the long lines.”

Deena Sedighim, a junior in CAS, is looking even further ahead. “I can’t wait to use this during finals,” she said.

Email Monica Hanna at [email protected]