Crime Log: Feb. 13-21

By Diamond Naga Siu, Deputy News Editor

The NYU Department of Public Safety received one report of controlled substances, one report of criminal trespassing and four reports of larceny between Feb. 13 and Feb. 21.

Controlled Substances

On Feb. 13 at 2:56 a.m., Public Safety found a small amount of marijuana in Gramercy Green Residence Hall after a report was filed.

Criminal Trespass

An unidentified male attempted to skateboard through Tandon’s Roger Hall on Feb. 17 at 2:03 p.m. Public Safety stopped him and notified the NYPD, but the skateboarder left before the police arrived.

Larceny

On Feb. 14, a student discovered his down jacket missing at 8:45 p.m. in Palladium 13th Street’s bike room after leaving it with his bike at 7:15 p.m. He declined notifying the police.

On Feb. 16, a student reported that some of her clothes were missing from the 12th Street Residence Hall laundry room. She had moved her clothing into the dryer on Feb. 14 at 8:30 p.m., but some were missing when she returned at 12 a.m. on Feb 15. Police notification was declined.

On Feb. 17 at 1:23 p.m. in Bobst Library, a student reported her laptop’s disappearance from her backpack, after she left it at 12:35 p.m. and returned at 12:45 p.m. She declined notifying the police.

On Feb. 17 at 1:30 p.m., a student reported that her cellphone, external battery and USB cable were missing from her shared Weinstein Residence Hall room. She declined notifying the police.

A version of this story appeared in the Monday, Feb. 22 print issue. Email Diamond Naga Siu at [email protected] 

Diamond Naga Siu, News Editor
Diamond Naga Siu is the News Editor for the Washington Square News and is a sophomore studying Journalism and Educational Human Rights in Gallatin. When she isn’t telling bad puns or eating everything in sight, you can find her volunteering with children, meandering the streets or talking too much. Diamond Naga jumped coasts from Los...