Alec Baldwin and Billy Crystal Headline Tisch 50th Anniversary Gala

Polina Buchak

By Zach Martin, Arts Editor

The Tisch School of the Arts celebrated its 50th anniversary last week with a gala at Jazz at Lincoln Center, hosted by Alec Baldwin and Spike Lee. The evening honored the Tisch family as well as significant alumni, including Broadway costume designer Paul Tazewell, TV producer Wendy Calhoun and Microsoft engineer Lili Cheng. WSN headed to the red carpet to chat with the evening’s notable guests — Billy Crystal and Andrew Hamilton, to name a few — about Tisch’s past and future, their college days and the importance of an arts education. Check out the video above!

Email Zach Martin at [email protected]

Zach Martin, Editor-at-Large
Zach Martin, former Arts Editor, is an Editor-at-Large for the Washington Square News. He is a junior in CAS studying Comparative Literature with minors in Metropolitan Studies and Cinema Studies. He enjoys watching movies and then thinking about them too much, eating ice cream, and complaining about the continual failure of various D.C. sports teams. When...
Polina Buchak, Senior Multimedia Editor
Polina Buchak is the Senior Multimedia Editor at the Washington Square News. She is in Tandon and Tisch, following her passion in Filmmaking and Integrated Design Media. Born in Ukraine, raised in Nigeria, and educated in United Kingdom, she will never be able to answer exactly where she is from. If you are looking for...
Anna Letson, Senior Multimedia Editor
Anna Letson is the Multimedia Editor at the Washington Square News. She is a junior in Gallatin and finally ready for you to ask her about her concentration. She loves all sorts of photography, but has a soft spot for analog, and not because it’s hipster (though hailing from Seattle could have something to do...