Galtiscopio S/S 2018

Courtney Dodge, Contributing Writer

Galtiscopio’s first show at New York Fashion week entered with a bang. Before models took the stage, performers entertained the audience, rapping down the runway while encouraging the audience to clap along. The pulsing dance music couldn’t have foreshadowed the flirty vibe of the Galtiscopio Spring/Summer 2018 collection better.

A t-shirt with the slogan “time to shine” gave the most accurate description of the collection, as crystals made their mark on just about every look. Cutouts on the hips were surrounded by crystals, while sheer tops and bottoms shined with crystals underneath. Alternating layers of crystals and black fringe also created a unique duality on multiple looks.

The metallic trend for fall dominated in this collection, while some jewel tones of royal blue, purple and deep red brought some bold hues. A few looks opted for oversized tops sans pants, with one tee featuring an open mouth with crystals inside. Another look showcased underwear covered in crystals and a Galtiscopio logo tee on top. A bit of edge was found amidst the feminine jewels, with one look in particular that included a red bodysuit belted at the waist with multiple strips resembling leather belts swaying down from it.

The silhouettes were certainly sexy, and models owned them with slicked back hair tied in ponytails and fresh faces glowing with light pink around the eyes. Considering Galtiscopio’s story began with timeless watches, it is no surprise that some models wore multiple on each wrist, while others accessorized with crystal headphones and sunglasses.

Amidst the variety of silhouettes, an overall  strong sense of cohesion was formed through circular shaped crystal brooches found on the models’ ponytails, on some chokers and on the backs of some looks with multiple straps.

To conclude the show, performers took the runway once again, further proof that Galtiscopio came to entertain.

Email Courtney Dodge at [email protected].