Michael Costello S/S 2018

Thomas Chou, Deputy Features Editor

Wedding bells rang throughout the halls at the Michael Costello Spring/Summer 2018 presentation at the Robert Miller Gallery in Chelsea, Manhattan.

Visions of blush tones, luscious fabrics and soft draping made the collection classic Costello, with the models styled with natural, bridal style makeup. Described as a “secret garden where humanity and nature entwine”, the collection was ethereal in its simple styling of models standing in front of enormous walls of pink roses and creamy, white walls.

Ultra-feminine as usual, Costello’s designs always seem to evoke feelings of romance and passion – and his S/S 2018 collection was no different. Notably, the presentation featured models of different ethnicities and sizes – Costello even had a child model a miniature version of one of his gowns.

The “Project Runway” alum’s collection featured a variety of different fabrics and textiles, from flowing silks and chiffons, to sheer, skin-baring clothes as well. While much of Costello’s collection fit snugly into his dreamy and romantic niche, some designs pushed the envelope for what is considered conventional bridal wear – most notably the sheer metallic fabrics which left little to the imagination.

In partnership with many brands such as Inglot, Essie and Mizani, the presentation also featured rooms in which hair and makeup could be done, along with a VIP lounge area as well. Costello’s presentation was unsurprisingly a success — it was every bride’s wedding dream-come-true.

Email Thomas Chou at [email protected].