Ralph and Russo S/S 2018

London

By Veronica Liow, Multimedia Abroad Editor

Set in a venue as elegant as its looks, the Ralph & Russo Spring/Summer 2018 runway show solidified their position as a luxury brand in the global fashion industry. The collection is comprised of a diverse palette, from soft pastels to metallic hues. In addition, the prints used — more specifically the florals — evoke a sense of grandeur that graces through the venue. Though diverse, Ralph & Russo is able to graciously unify its pieces into a coherent look.

Beyond the color palette, Ralph & Russo proved that it has exceeded in creating novel cuts that beautifully frame the body. The metallic peach trench coat creates a lean figure, cinched at the waist. The white floral kimono forges an effortless flow that wraps around the body naturally. The black floral outerwear with bell-like sleeves constructs a more rigid framework that compliments the body. The looks within the Ralph & Russo collection show they can make flattering pieces for a variety of bodies.

Ralph & Russo is created by Tamara Ralph and Michael Russo. Though the brand launched only seven years ago, it continues to have an international influence as a luxury brand. Ralph & Russo produces exceptional looks, as exemplified by the many awards the designers have won. It is the first British member of The Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture in almost a century, marking it as a dominant brand on the global runway. Ralph & Russo is expected to maintain its influence as a commanding force in the luxury fashion industry.

Email Veronica Liow at [email protected]

Veronica Liow, Senior Multimedia Editor
Veronica Liow is the Senior Multimedia Editor at Washington Square News. From the Bay Area in California, she is an advocate of the term, “hella.” More than (almost) anything, she loves pugs. You can find her drinking tea almost everywhere, anytime. When she’s not having anxiety over how to better her Instagram feed, she’s working...